RECFAM (Research & Counselling Foundation for African Migrants) is our founding institution that works to:
- Conducts evidence-based quantitative and qualitative research that raises awareness of the motivating factors underpinning development, child abuse, human trafficking as well as all other issues related to irregular and regular migration. based on the outcome of the research, the organization develops pragmatic sustainable approaches to counter these social problems for accelerated socio-economic development.
- Promotes safe migration & protects vulnerable children towards development
- Provide successful reintegration services to vulnerable children and migrants in need of such services without prejudice.
- Encourage entrepreneurial skills training and assist in local initiatives for economic empowerment as alternatives to irregular migration.
- Forms “safe migration clubs” in communities to educate the youths to adapt to life in a changing climate than looking at migration as a solution to poverty and climate change. our goal is to reduce our vulnerability to the harmful effects of climate change and migration.
- Does case management services: family tracing/evaluation, home study, reunification, counselling, consultation services, advocacy among others