WHAT WE’VE ACHIEVED
- PRIDE Sanitary Pads has been certified by Ghana Standard Authority allowing RECFAM to produce and distribute across West Africa.
- The sanitary pad is biodegradable – environmentally friendly and target mostly rural areas.
- 70,200 packages of 10 pads produced and distributed to schools and communities.
- Women extracting banana and plantain fibre in target communities are economically empowered and provide sustainable livelihoods to their families.
- The extraction of fiber employs 160 farmers (women) in communities and the factory employs 10 workers.
- Production of our eco-friendly sanitary pads and the remains of fiber extraction is used as organic manure to ensure long term environmental and soil sustainability.
- Girls in target schools no longer absent, ashamed or lack affordable sanitary pads thereby contributing immensely to gender equality.
- The level of menstrual stigmatization and other cultural norms about menstruation reduced and gender equality improved in targeted communities
- RECFAM design, developed and locally manufacture first ever banana/plantain fiber extraction machine in Ghana with a local welder.
- Women empowers through job creation, leadership training, education and social entrepreneurship.
- Pride Sanitary Pads won SAG-SEED Award in 2017 – an annual Awards for Entrepreneurship in Sustainable Development scheme designed to find the most promising, innovative and locally led start-up eco-inclusive enterprises in countries with developing and emerging economies sponsored by European Union and supported by UNNDP and others.